Monday, March 7, 2011

Yoga- Playa Guiones, Nosara, Costa Rica

I fell completely in love with Plays Guiones during my last vacation to Costa Rica.  This place is a yoga mecca and a surfing hot spot.  I managed to make at least one class, if not two, every day I was there.  If you make it down to this wonderful place check out these studios and instructors:


1. The Yoga House
 





This amazing little studio was a little hard to find, but my good friends Jeff and Karla made sure I knew where it was because it is one of their favorite places to go. If you are on the main road in Playa Guiones, headed toward the beach, take a left at the mini market just past the bank and Surfing Nosara.  Go down that road until you see a break in the hedge and you will find The Yoga House. My favorite instructor was Monica. She had such great energy and knew how to tailor the class perfectly to your needs.  They offer an amazing surfer's yoga daily and plenty of flow. There is an indoor studio with air conditioning and outdoor studio. The indoor studio was so nice on hot days!!! The Yoga House is located right in town and is super easy to get to. 


2. The Nosara Yoga Institute






This studio is world-renowned.  Their daily classes are offered in their "tree tops pavilion" studio, which is breath taking.  Although it is outdoors it is high enough up that the entire studio catches the breeze off the ocean cooling the space to a very comfortable temperature.  This institute is a short walk to the edge of town, I rode my bike when I went, but there were some intense uphill spots.  I took yin and flow yoga here and loved both of them.  Young Joo and Amber were my favorite teachers. Both put on great classes, but if you are looking to sweat hit up one of Amber's flow classes.  It was amazing, with lots of adjustments.  

No comments:

Post a Comment