Tuesday, March 22, 2011

JOOS Cleanse

Its spring again and the perfect time of year for a cleanse.  The purpose of a cleanse is to clean your body of toxins and to reboot your system, enhancing your health and giving you increased energy.  My little sister was here for a week during her spring break, so we went out to eat almost every night and drank far too many glasses of wine, thus I really need to detox. After hearing many of my yogi friends talk about JOOS, my great friend Marissa formally introduced me, a juice based cleanse.  I decided to start my cleanse this Monday and go for one week, and if after the first week I want more, I plan to add another week.
JOOS is 100% organic, vegan,  fresh, non-pasteurized fruit and vegetable juices. Each bottle of fresh-pressed JOOS contains ten to fourteen types of organic produce, providing an abundance of vitamins, minerals and enzymes and twice the minimum daily requirement of fruits and vegetables. No water, sugar, caffeine or fillers added... pure, natural and delicious.  On this cleanse I drink two JOOS a day and eat one regular meal that is vegan and gluten free, which I can have for lunch or dinner.  

***My first day went really well. I probably should have had a little bit larger lunch than usual because I got hungry at 5:30 but wasn't hungry in the evening after I had my juice. This morning was day two, and the lemonade is so far my favorite of the juices.  I had a bigger lunch today.  Another thing I have noticed is that it is much easier to drink water...I have been drinking a ton of water. Stay tuned for updates! 

2 comments:

  1. I am considering starting the cleanse- any feedback on it? How long of a program did you do...and did you find it to be worth it? Also, did you lose weight? I have heard anywhere between 1 lb and 10lbs.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry I didnt see your post earlier. I absolutely loved my JOOS cleanse. I did two weeks. I immediately noticed weight loss and I really did feel great the entire time. I wasnt tired and even made it to the gym at 6am the entire first week. This weekend is my birthday and I will be traveling, but to prepare I ordered a weeks worth of JOOS to have for breakfast just because I loved it so much and wanted a little cleansing action before I went out of town. Let me know if you have any other questions.

    ReplyDelete