Sunday, March 6, 2011

Spring Break 2011 Must Haves

Okay I just got back from Costa Rica and have complied a list of Spring Break must haves.  I knew I wanted to get a little sun, but did not want to burn.  I found myself apply sunscreen constantly.  I got this great face sunscreen from origins. Its not too oily, which is big concern of mine.  I reapplied every few hours and managed to stay burn free.  A heavy duty sport sunscreen is absolutely necessary if you plan to be in the water.  When I wasn't surfing or in the pool I kept myself covered up...its super easy to burn when walking around or going to and from the beach. A hat is essential and super stylish. Also, I found some great cover ups at JCrew and Victoria's Secret.  Last, if you do happen to burn, slather on the aloe. Its best if you can find an aloe plant, but the store bought stuff works great too.  It will take the sting out and will calm the redness.  If you find a plan you can cut a leaf off, then cut it in half down the middle so you have two wide flat pieces.  Rub all over your burn.  Keep the leaves in a plastic baggie in the fridge for later use, it will last about 5 days.  Also be careful because aloe plants tend to have a red tint that can stain your clothes, so make sure to wash your hands and let it dry completely.

1. Sunscreen for your face: Origins Brighter By Nature SPF 35
2. Sun cover for your head: JCrew Summer Straw Hat
3. Beach Cover Up: JCrew Solid Beach Cover Up
4. Footwear: Clark's Flip Flops
5. Just In Case: Aloe



No comments:

Post a Comment