Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Red Lentil Sweet Potato Curry Soup & Red Lentil Dusted Scallops

As I mentioned previously, at the beginning of this year I started to add some fish and shellfish into my diet.  I only eat it about once a week or even less.  So, when I do I want to make sure its worth it.  Sunday night I made this amazing soup so that I would have lunch for the early part of the week.  Then last night I pureed what was left over and added some scallops to make it a quick easy and amazingly delicious. 

Red Lentil Sweet Potato Curry Soup
Ingredients
1 small onion, diced
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and in chunks
4 cups veggie broth
1 1/2 cup dry red lentils
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbs earth balance butter or EVOO
1 tsp grated ginger
1 tbs curry seasoning
dash of cumin
salt and pepper to taste

Method
Saute onion and sweet potato in evoo until the onion is soft.  Add garlic, ginger, curry seasoning, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir. Add broth and dry lentils, rinsed.  Bring to a boil then turn down and let simmer for 30 mins.  Viola- sweet potato lentil curry soup.  Serve with toasted coconut flakes if you wish.  I made it last night and its so so so good. 

After having the soup for lunch in its originally cooked form I decided to puree the remaining soup and add scallops for a hearty dinner entrée. 

Red Lentil Dusted Scallops
Ingredients
6-8 Scallops
1/4 cup split red lentils, ground
2 tbs EVOO

Method
Grind the lentils in a coffee grinder or food processor until powdery.  Heat a cast iron skillet with a film of evoo.  Roll the scallops in the ground lentils to coat.  Sear the scallops approximately 2-3 minutes per side, or until cooked.  

No comments:

Post a Comment