Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pumpkin Hummus

For an appetizer during lunch yesterday while we were waiting for the squash to cook I made pumpkin hummus.  I have been wanting to make this recipe for such a long time and yesterday was the perfect time to try it out.  Except I thought I had tahini, but I didn't so I had to wing it, and fortunately it turned out great.  My secret ingredient in this recipe is Ras El Hanout, a North African spice blend typically made with cardamon, clove, cinnamon, ground chili peppers, coriander, cumin, nutmeg, peppercorn, and turmeric. We complimented this pre-lunch snack with a glass of red wine!


Pumpkin Hummus


Ingredients
1/2 extra small sugar pumpkin- cooked
1/2 cup cooked garbanzo beans
1 clove garlic- diced
2 tbs sunflower seeds
2 tbs pine nuts
1 squeeze of lemon
1 tsp cumin
1 pinch sea salt
2 tbs olive oil
2 tbs water (more or less depending on desired texture)
ras el hanout (homemade or bought from Sofra)

Method
Blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender until creamy. Top with a dash of ras el hanout and serve with warm pita or crackers. (Lauren and Goldie bought homemade cracker from Sofra which were lights out amazing!)



No comments:

Post a Comment