Sunday, October 16, 2011

Vegan Homemade Ravioli- DePasquale's Boston



This morning Goldie and Scott and I did a killer run/Tabata workout on the Esplanade...I am so sore I can hardly walk up and down the four stairs at the office.  After a workout like that I was feeling a hearty meal for dinner.  The North End in Boston is well known for its authentic Italian fare. When it comes to homemade pasta the North End has the best.  Unlike store bought pastas homemade pastas are typically made with eggs and milk.  DePasquale's is one of the only pasta shoppes in Boston that caters to vegans!!! And wow....they have an amazing selection.  From tofu apricot to squash to (my new favorite) cauliflower, roasted red pepper, black olive, brussel sprout you will not find a lack of creativity.  Tonight I tried the cauliflower, red pepper, olive, brussel sprout ravioli which was absolutely amazing.  I tossed it with a little truffle oil, lemon zest, and fresh oregano for a super hearty meal. I also added a side salad with dijon balsamic dressing and a slice of bread.  Just what I wanted!  So if you want some great vegan pasta check this little shoppe out...its a great place.



No comments:

Post a Comment