Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Curried Lentils

I bought some sprouted lentils the other day from Magnolia Farms in Gloucester, MA. At the time I had no clue what I wanted to do with them but they just looked so good that I couldn't help myself.  Tonight after yoga I really wanted something light, yet filling and quick, seeing as how I got out of yoga at 9 p.m.  So, I steamed the lentils for a few minutes until tender. At the same time I sauteed red onion and cauliflower with coconut oil until tender.  Then I tossed in the lentils and curry powder and let that simmer for a few minutes.  The flavor packed a bit of a punch, but was so amazing.  I tossed the lentils with mixed greens, kale, and daikon radish sprouts to tame the spice- making it the perfect after yoga meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment