Saturday, October 8, 2011

Jalapeno Pesto!!!!


I went to town today making fresh pesto to freeze for later this winter!!! I made three types: jalapeno, original, and artichoke.  I love fresh pesto! Since I had so much I decided to get some homemade pasta from DePasquale's in the North End.  I love this amazing little pasta shoppe because because they cater to vegans! I picked up some fresh black pepper fettuccine, and some vegan cauliflower, roasted pepper, black olive and brussel sprout ravioli. (The raviolis are for another night-they also make an amazing tofu and apricot ravioli).  For an appetizer I figured I would make one more yellow heirloom tomato and avocado caprese before the heirloom season ends.  For a side, on the advice of Jamie Jenney (chef extraordinaire of L'Apogee in Steamboat, CO) I made some grilled broccoli tossed with EVOO, balsamic vinegar, and S&P!! For our entree I tossed the fettuccini with some of my fresh artichoke pesto and had some bread to dip in my jalapeno pesto!

Jalapeno Pesto
Ingredients
1/2 cup pine nuts
1/4 sunflower seeds
1/4 fresh basil
1/4 cup EVOO
1 tsp minced jalapeno
1 clove garlic
squeeze of lemon

Method
Put all ingredients into a food processor and blend away!!! Add more or less jalapeno, garlic, or lemon to taste!!! Make it your own!





No comments:

Post a Comment