Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Waterville Valley Review

Last weekend I was fortunate enough to get to ski Waterville Valley for my first time.  Waterville is located in NH about 2-3 hours from Boston.  While the mountain is relatively small there are a ton of great things about this mountain.  First, they have cubbies. I always pack a lunch and hate having to carry it in a backpack all day.  The cubbies at Waterville are big and free, my favorite kind.  Second, unlike lots of west coast resorts they opened the mogul course to the public while they were not training.  I love perfect moguls and got some serious practice in on Saturday.  They also have tons of terrain parks.  A small mountain can be so much fun with the right amount of jumps, boxes, and rails- I also got some needed practice in at the park. Oh, and they have amazing lift line organization.  If you leave people to figure it out on their own life lines can become a disaster, however when you have a person telling you where to go and when the life line is incredibly quick.  Last, they gave out vouchers for free hot chocolate and coffee...anywhere on the mountain.  So we went to the Schwendi Hutte!!!! It was awesome- lots of vintage ski memorabilia and tons of great snacks.....including grogs (alcoholic beverages)!!!  So even though I skied the same trails all day this place gets a return rating from this seasoned west coast skier!!!

My favorite run...True Grit!

Quadzilla....sweet!


Hutte.....note "grogs"!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment