Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Blue Room

This restaurant was so good.  Great environment, nice but unpretentious.  They focus on local ingredients...which I love, and are very accommodating to requests.  The other thing I loved was that they took note of the fact the people might be time constrained considering the "holiday" and were willing to get you in and out quickly.  While I was not in any hurry whatsoever, I really appreciated that they took that into account.  Our waitress was amazing, very friendly, and extremely knowledgeable about all the dishes and the wines.  She suggested the Nigl Blauer Zwieglet, an Austrian wine, which I had never had before but was amazing. They have a great cocktail list, with very creative drinks, but since it was a Monday I figured I should stick to the wine.  We ordered the fennel and chili marinated olives...delish.  My favorite dish was the vegetable antipasto, which was an amazing selection of local veggies cooked to perfection.  I recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a nice dinner in a laid back environment.

http://www.theblueroom.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment