Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Crispy Tofu with Orange Dipping Sauce- Kind Life Inspired

This recipe comes from the Kind Diet Cookbook, which I call my Bible. I literally cook a recipe from this amazing book three times a week, if not more.  And coincidentally I still haven't made everything in it! I usually get obsessed with one recipe and make it for a month then move on.  I even rediscover recipes that I have made previously and forgot how much I love.  Anyway, last night I finally made the crispy tofu with orange dipping sauce.  I did however add my own spin to the dipping sauce because I feel like the original recipe leaves it too watery.


Ingredients:
1 package savory baked tofu, low sodium
1/2 cup corn flour
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup safflower oil
1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tbs dijon mustard

Method:
In a small saucepan mix the orange juice, maple syrup and dijon mustard. You may have to really mix the mustard to get it to separate evenly, I use my late frother.  Bring the sauce to a boil then remove from the heat and let cool.  In a separate frying pan, preferably cast iron, bring the safflower oil to med heat.  Slice the tofu into 1/4 in slices. Mix the two flours in a shallow dish.  Dip the tofu in the flour and lightly pan fry each side until golden brown.  Place tofu on paper towels or a brown paper bag to blot excess oil.  Serve warm with the now cooled orange dipping sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment