Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Better Spaghetti

I love spaghetti....but a healthy portion really isn't very big, in fact it is about the size of your fist, or 1 cup. So how do you get the same satisfaction from your pasta dish while having less? Well I propose you have that healthy portion along with spaghetti squash and like myself, you will still feel satisfied.  So last night I made T a big bowl of spaghetti with a steamed asparagus and roasted tomato sauce. For myself, I had a side of spaghetti with a dollop of Earth Balance and fresh cracked pepper. For my entree I had steamed spaghetti squash with asparagus and roasted tomato sauce. Spaghetti squash is super easy to make: cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Place face down in a steamer basket, or pressure cooker and cook until the squash falls off the skin.  You can alternatively roast it in the oven, simply place the squash face side down in a baking dish with about one half inch water in the bottom of the pan for about 30 mins at 350 degrees. This is the perfect comfort food dish that is much more healthy and satisfying than your typical big bowl of pasta. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment