Thursday, December 23, 2010

Apologies

Sorry for my long absence.  I had a very long three weeks of finals and literally didn't have time to cook for myself, thus maintaining my site was out of the question. But I'm back and on my way to recovery.  I always worry about getting sick during finals, which would be disastrous.  So this semester I really focused on taking care of myself.  I did not eat a single piece of chocolate (my weakness), candy, cookie, or other sweet the entire three weeks of finals. I really think this helped keep me from getting rundown and sick.  I focused my meals around whole grains and green veggies to keep my energy up.  I did find myself going for easy breakfast options, like bagels with peanut butter. But I tend to study long past the point of hunger and then get bad headaches, so the carbs really helped to minimize that. Now that finals are over I get to go home and relax.  Since the snow is so good I plan to take advantage of that, but need to find balance to allow my body to recover fully.  Yoga is on my top list of priorities, along with sleep. My biggest challenge for the holidays is continuing to eat healthy foods.  Many get togethers around the holidays are centered around food and its easy to find yourself overeating frequently. So my goal is to not over do it. Good luck with all your holiday goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment