Monday, September 26, 2011

Red Curry With A Twist

I've been craving tons of veggies lately....more than usual. Last night I decided to make red curry. This dish is so simple but packed full of flavor and heartiness.  The twist? To give the meal an extra hearty feel I added a can of garbanzo beans....delicious! I steamed some bok choy and kabocha squash for sides to really round out the meal.

Ingredients
Veggies- your choice (I used zuchinni, yellow squash, mushrooms, broccoli, and carrots)
1 can garbanzo beans- rinsed
1 small can coconut milk
Red curry paste
1/2 cup brown rice and 1/2 quinoa mix- cooked


Method
Cook 1/2 cup brown rice and 1/2 cup quinoa together according to the directions. (I love mixing rice and quinoa, it has a very hearty feel and is packed full of protein). Saute the veggies in a small amount of water until just tender. Add the garbanzo beans and curry paste. With the curry paste start small and add to your liking.  Simmer for another 4-5 mins. Add the can of coconut sauce and simmer for one more minute. Serve over the rice and quinoa mix. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment