Monday, April 4, 2011

Green Miso Soup!!!!


I just finished a two week JOOS cleanse, which was much needed.  It was much easier than I expected and I feel great.  One thing that was nice about the cleanse, in terms of homework, was that I had a ton of spare time since I wasn't cooking, but because I'm so obsessed with cooking I felt a little lost with my newfound free time. So to commemorate my return I decide to make a really yummy, but equally healthy meal. This amazing recipe was printed in the latest Yoga Journal and was originally concocted by Eric Gower (Breakaway Cook, 2011).  Its super simple and unbelievably good.

Green Miso Soup
Ingredients

2 tbs safflower or grapeseed Oil
1 cup onion, diced
4 cups veggie broth
4 cups chard leaves, chopped with ribs trimmed
3 heaping tbs white or yellow miso

Method

Saute the onion in oil until translucent. Add the broth and bring to a simmer.  Add the chard leaves and cook for three minutes. Add the miso and transfer mixture to a blender. Carefully blend in batches until smooth. Serve warm.  (Note: be especially careful blending a hot liquid, the pressure can cause the lid of your blender to pop off!)

This dish would pair well with panko crusted tofu or veggies!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment