Monday, November 8, 2010

Super Easy Calzone

I made the best calzone this weekend... following my introduction to Daiya cheese.  Simply buy a pre-made pizza dough (I buy mine from Whole Foods), whatever choice of fillings you want and a can of pizza sauce.  I sauteed mushrooms with crushed red pepper and Italian seasonings, tossed in some rough chopped garlic, and spinach- set aside.  Then roll out your dough into a circle, and place on a greased cookie sheet.  Put one teaspoon olive oil on the inside of your crust and spread with spoon, place a large spoon full of your sauteed veggies just off center of the crust in the olive oil.  I also added black olives to mine.  Then sprinkle however much daiya cheese you prefer and top with a few tablespoons pizza sauce. Fold the larger side of the crust over to form a half circle, and pinch the sides closed. Slice two slits to vent on top of the calzone. Cook on 375 for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment